Strong 5400 Update
The update process is very different to most set top box updates - please read the following information carefully. If you follow the instructions to the letter, you should have no problems at all.
Strong have released a new update for their 5400, you can download it here.
This update fixes the following issues:
- EPG information not displaying correctly, now and next information incomplete/incorrect
- EPG time not displaying correctly e.g. displaying 5:30 when it’s 19.30
- Allows extended EPG info to be shown where transmitted
- Adds a delete channel function to the channel list customisation menu
- Lists the current software version in the on screen display
To update the set top box you will need a null modem cable.
The update process is as follows - please perform these steps exactly as described here:
- Connect the SRT5400 to your computer using a null modem cable. Have the SRT5400 unplugged from the power point.
- Unzip the file you have just downloaded, install TerTerm PRO (ttermp23.zip) by clicking on setup.exe
- Run TerTermPRO, select serial and click OK.
- Go to set up then select serial port, change the Baud rate to 115200 and flow control to Xon/Xoff then click OK.
- Plug in your SRT5400 to the mains power, and turn on the SRT5400 using the switch on the back if it's not already on.
- If the receiver does not turn on automatically, press the power button on the front panel to turn the SRT5400 on.
- You will see a heap of characters in the open TerTermPRO window appear, don't bother reading it all - it will flash past quickly.
- When the SRT5400 has finished booting, the screen will stop displaying information when it finishes scrolling:
- Type QQQQ into TeraTermPRO and press the enter key.
- When you see the character # on screen, type ./rz and press enter.
- Click on the File Menu, click on transfer then ZMODEM then Send.
- Select Aust_v1.5.1_rfs software which came with the zip file you just downloaded and the download will begin.
- The download will complete automatically, and will finalise when the display shows #
- Restart the receiver by switching the power off, and also unplug the null modem lead.
- After it has restarted, you can unplug it and connect it back up to your TV.
If you u're still having troubles, please call us and we'll try to assist you.
Lastly, if you need a null modem cable, and can't find one locally, we're more than happy to send you one for $20 total including postage. Just fill in the order form and we'll send one out to you.
Or you can call in to the showroom at 91 Riviera Rd Avondale Heights Victoria and grab one off the shelf.
If you'd like some high quality Monster Cables to connect your Strong SRT5400 to your display and other home theatre gear, check out our new web site at http://www.australianhometheatrecables.com.au where you'll find the entire range of Monster Cables. We stock both DVI to DVI and DVI to HDMI cables to suit every plasma and LCD. We also have a huge range of component cables in lengths from 1M to 15M. Be sure to check it out today.
For More Information Please Email Us